Update: April 20, 2020
Most large healthcare insurance companies, like Anthem and Blue Cross, have delayed payments to us, your medical home. Also, fewer patients have been scheduling appointments in fear of contracting COVID-19.
Actions We Have Taken to Ensure GHT Remains Open
- Providers have taken a cut in pay.
- Medical assistants are flexing off when our census is down.
- We reduced our overall expenses related to supplies and equipment.
- Two of the GHT staff have been furloughed.
- Jeannie, our long time office manager, is volunteering her time to us.
- We are offering telemedicine visits to patients who are fearful of coming into the office.
How can you help GHT remain open during this health crisis?
- Call your insurance and confirm your eligibility. If you have received a statement in the mail from us or from your insurance company asking for proof of eligibility, please follow up as soon as possible.
- You can also review your latest bill and call your insurance company for reimbursement payments that are 30+ days overdue.
- Don’t skip your wellness visit.
- For those still fearful of coming in, despite the safety measures we have put in place to protect you, please call the office and set up a virtual visit.
- During your virtual visit, we can:
- Review developmental milestones
- Talk about health promotion
- Discuss ways in which you can stay safe during this time.
- Answer any of your burning questions.
Update: April 19, 2020
Growing Healthy Together now has a reliable source for COVID-19 antibody testing for our established patients. Please call the office, schedule an in-person or virtual visit. Then, we can send you orders and directions where to go for testing. The testing we offer is payable by your insurance company and is validated through our affiliate, Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles.
Update: April 13th, 2020
We Are Open
Growing Healthy Together continues to remain open! As usual, our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate care to our patients and families. We don’t want your little ones to miss out on their essential wellness or sick visit appointments during this unprecedented time.
Several of our families have recently lost income or health insurance due to the COVID-19 shutdowns. However, we are still here for you. If you have lost your insurance coverage, please let us know. We are willing to work with each of our members who have been negatively impacted.
To ensure in-person exams are done with the utmost safety, our clinic has implemented several innovative measures. We are screening each patient before they come into the office, separating sick-patients and well-patients by schedule, and testing sick patients in our parking lot. We are also offering virtual visits, when appropriate, to our existing patients. The cash pay rate for virtual visits is $50 per visit.
GHT remains with you, our valued patients and families, through this health crisis.
Update: April 1st, 2020
GHT now has a reliable source for COVID-19 testing. If your child is a patient at GHT AND you think your child has COVID-19 or is medically fragile and has been exposed to COVID-19, please contact us for a screening exam.
March 24th, 2020
You and your children are safe at GHT! All patients will be screened for COVID-19 prior to your appointment.
- Wait in the car when arriving. Call the office on your arrival. we will call you when your exam room is ready
- Wear a mask
- Please, if at all possible, one parent per child. No siblings, unless there are no other options.
All patients are screened via our secure communication app, SpruceHealth, or by phone prior to your visit. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, we will be meeting you in the parking lot of Growing Healthy Together. We can assess and screen you further once there.
For those whom we deem safe to enter the office, we use proper precautions to keep all office occupants safe. In some cases, when we have to blend well patients with sick patients, we are taking the appropriate precautions of screening sick patients in the parking lot. We are giving all sick patients masks if they need to come into the office for further assessment.
Furthermore, we are separating sick and well patients on our schedule. We know other offices have a sick entrance or separate sick and well patient waiting rooms. We are aware that we do not have the ability to provide this service to you.
However, by separating the sick and well patient schedule, by screening all patients before your appointments, and by keeping a clean and disinfected environment, you can be sure you and your family are safe at Growing Healthy Together!
We will offer a parking lot ‘drive-through’ COVID-19 testing service (as soon as more test kits become available).
Please check back for updates on how GHT is innovating new ways to handle this pandemic and the changing healthcare system.