Wash Your Hands
Firstly, always wash your hands after spending time in public, or after touching your face or blowing your nose. Avoid touching any surfaces with unwashed hands, especially if you are sick or if you are caring for someone who is. Avoid touching your face with unclean hands. Finally, the recommended length of time for washing is 20 seconds, according to the CDC.
Cover both your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues or similar items after use. If you can’t wash your hands, be sure to carry a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Choose a hand sanitizer brand that is safe for yourself and your family.
In addition, keep your frequently used items clean. Clean your household items, including doorknobs and light switches, often using a household disinfectant.
Stay six feet away from strangers or people you don’t see every day. Furthermore, practice social distancing whenever possible.
Use a Face Covering
Choose a cloth face covering for whenever you spend time in public. Children under two years, those who have a hard time breathing, or those who are unconscious should not wear a face covering. Continue to keep a 6-foot distance between yourself and anyone who is not of your household.
Pay attention to symptoms.
Keep your eye out for symptoms of COVID-19 infection. If you notice symptoms in yourself or your family members, please isolate and reach out to your healthcare provider.
COVID-19 Prevention & Ayurvedic Medicine
- Practice a wellness routine, including meditation and yoga, to reduce inflammation and improve lung function.
- Make a hot tea with one or more of the following herbs and drink, gargle with, or inhale the steam for antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Dry ginger
- Nut-grass rhizomes
- Indian sarsaparilla roots
- Fennel seeds
- Catechu barks
- Use pure sesame oil to relieve nasal dryness and create a barrier against viral entry.
- Choose a daily diet of fresh vegetables and warm soups.
- Trigonella leaves
- Mung beans Chickpeas
- Cumin Seed
- Mustard Seed
- Use prophylactic botanicals to support the immune system.
COVID-19 Prevention & Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Choose a blend of herbs for respiratory symptoms. For example, Lingzhi (Reishi), Gancao (Chinese licorice), and Ku Shen (Sophora flavescens) have powerful therapeutic effects for respiratory illness.
- Eat foods that warm the body. Cook vegetables so that they are more easily digested. Also, add spices like ginger, cinnamon, or turmeric to warm the body.
- Get a good night of sleep.
- Focus on positivity and work to avoid fear or negativity.
UV Light Therapy
UV Light, including sunlight and some light from some LEDs, has been proven to kill bacteria and other microbes. Take a socially distanced walk and spend time in the sun responsibly. ‘
Finally, for more questions or comments, please respond to this post or contact us!